Monday, May 12, 2008
i know that there are people and other people out there who love "lists". but i. don't. get. them.
actually i totally stink at them. i can see the benefits, really. but they just don't normally work for me. i make the effort to make them, then spend the day trying to find them, probably buried in the toilet paper isle at wal-mart, sabotaged by a toddler.
really, i think i have rebelled against them through the years . i refuse to conform to the pattern of people in my life who live according to them. i call it "freedom" from lists.
except is there "freedom" in lists?? cause when you don't have to think about the things that you are constantly thinking about, then you are free to focus on things you really want to think about instead of stupid little nagging things that you shouldn't' t be wasting your time thinking about anyway that should be on a list. right?
anyways, i thought i would practice on all of you, my week in *list* form!!
1. this week marks the end of josh's inste. yipeee!!! he has wrapped up every little detail of his last project and it's all done- i am so proud of him!!! no more studying, after 5 year, i officially have him back!! now he can join me on thursday nights when i put the kids to bed at 7, eat lots of yummy chocolate, and watch lost. he.he. ((if i let him!!))
2. i can officially wipe the words, "i'm so tired, not so good at this prayer thingy.." from my memory- and the kids can too, i think they can pretty much do every line. the "drama" is over.. but the crying out to God thingy will go on forever!!
side note: hey, i did buy 2 new "red" suitcases this week for bulgaria!! (20 bucks at younkers, yeh!)
3. my baby is two! i don't know where the last 2 years went. i think i understand now why the baby is called the baby. can't she just stay here??- well at least for just a little while...
4. i am trying to do a garage sale. i thought about posting sign: buy my junk, all proceeds go to injections. but that doesn't really sound too good. injections that are scary, but legal- for missions..
5. the kids have finished their last lessons in school!! and yes, i am still being a dork about next year. why don't you just decide for me already???
6. i bought the book "making the cut" but jillian michaels. it scares me. she really scares me. i think she could beat me up really bad. there goes my gladiator dreams.... but did you see that am gladiator was back this week????.. and oh with good new stuffs...
7. i was so blessed by two testimonies last night of former youth kids. makes me remember what it's all about. that God is still so huge, and that He is passionate, and that He just completely amazes me.
8. there i did it. eight things, not so bad. number 8: have an awesome weekend. in our little dot on the map, it is beautiful. blessings to you. now i am going to officially get off this thingy...