This is Josh writing, so first of all a disclaimer: my beautiful wife is a much better writer than I. Here are seven random things about myself, many of them definitely wierd.
1. I hate lettuce. Whether it be in a salad or on a chicken sandwich, it just tastes like grass to me(yes, when I was about four I tried grass once).
2. I have dreamed of living a very different life for most of my life. When I was in third grade I wanted to be Amish. Fifth grade I dreamed of living in South America. By age 21 I figured I needed a barn and some cattle. Lately I find myself dreaming of traveling to remote churches in East Africa.
3. I love Nebraska football. I know, who doesn't, right? My grandparents were from there and my grandfather made sure I was brainwashed at a very young age. In fact, this was probably one of the only subjects my grandpa talked about. When he made his yearly trips to Lincoln, he would always bring back either a cap or a sweatshirt for me. I literally grew up watching the Power I and the Option run to perfection in Big Red's glory days. Long live Herbie the Husker!
4. I love nature. Trees, flowers, grass, creeks, mountains, animals, just all of God's creation. I love it especially when it is touched very little by man. The funny thing is that I like it untouched by man, but I want to be in it and touch it myself.
5. I enjoy public speaking. It gives me a great feeling, kind of like the feeling you get before a big sporting event that you are competing in. Strange, yes I know.
6. I used to have pet snakes. This does not seem strange to me, because snakes do not scare me, but the gross part is that I also had to keep and breed rats and mice to feed the snakes. One time the heater that heated the rats and mice went psycho and cranked up to like 140 degrees. You can about imagine the smell after a day of that. I also had to cut the teeth of the rats before feeding them to my snakes so they would not bite the snake while being strangled to death. Mmmm makes me hungry.
7. I like American Motors cars. I have owned a wide array of vehicles in my life, but none have been as fun and reliable as my AMC vehicles. I have owned several Javelins, three Gremlins, a Pacer, several Jeeps, and a slew of others. Melanie's favorite was my 1973 Ambassador four door-bronze with bronze interior.