Hey guys! Andrea tagged me a meme, so here we go guys!!
1) link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by linking their names as well as links to their blog
4) let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
1. I love gravel roads. Love em. They are even better if I am barefoot and the grass is tall enough to pick and chew on. And then spit... like John Wayne. Well, I don't know if John Wayne spit a lot, but I guess spit like any good cowboy in any good old cowboy film. There is nothing like the sweet taste of green spit.
2. For the last few months almost every time I close my eyes I see black children. Some old, some young. Sometimes dancing. Mostly just their eyes starting back at me.
3. In high school everyone thought I was a druggie. I wore vintage clothes before it was normal and most of them had paint or clay on them from art class. More than once, I was called into the guidance counselor's office and nurse's office. I think they thought I was a mental case. Wait...
4. Really I was a tomboy. I grew up swimming in the cedar river (ew!) when I was way too little to do so! I would tube 12 hours to Waverly and be red with blisters for days. I rode horses, but didn't really know anything about them, except to hold on really really tight. Once I got bucked off when the horse was tied to a propane tank. Not good. In the summer (( instead of The W)) I swam in a green slimy cow tank. A few times I rode on cows, my favorite was number 5. It's still my favorite number. I have been "bit" by an electric fence dozens of times. It is lots of fun jumping from round bale to round bale. And not lots of fun falling through the ice when ice skating. The only elevator in my life had a wasp nest at the top. I got my first concussion when I accidentally rode my bike in the river. I tied myself to the trees across the road once, my protest lasted less than an hour.
5. Part of my childhood I spent at Pete & Shortys. ((where?, you ask..)) My dad would go to visit his family (smile) and he would buy me a soda, fruit stripes gum, and pull tabs to play. Usually I was lucky. The floors were dirt, so I would leave with black covered toes and stale smoke. There is nothing like the eyes of the people my dad invested in there. He never went to theological training, but yet loved people fully right where they were.
6. I hate the dentist. I know... I know strong mean words. I am sweating just typing the word....
7. Someday I know that I will be able to fly. I used to jump off my mailbox, rolling down the ditch, yet knowing one day my gifting would come. It will.
So I think that I am about the last person on this go around. Ok, so really I don't have any friends. But I will tag Josh, because he really wanted to do this blog thing with me, and hasn't!! And everyone else out there reading.. who doesn't blog!! Come on, you can' t be as crazy as me, so this would be a great first post. Or, first post in the past decade. We know who you are...