Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Construction Sight:

"check out p. 1508 of your Bible.. Transformed by CS Lewis..."

My husband texted me this six times this morning. Either his connection was crazy, or he is. Perhaps both, but apparently he felt it noteworthy.

Transformed
"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of- throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

So what do I really think Mr. 6Xs texter? I think that the abominable snow monster really got a bad rap. The pain that comes with your house being completely redone is incredible abominable. I think my house must have looked something like Pete & Shorties originally.

Many days that cozy cottage just is so appealing, to me. It's overwhelming to live in an unfinished frame. It's so vulnerable, desperate, and abominable. My ideal blue prints are irrelevant. I hold onto little things that are nothing next to His glory. Again and again I forget, it's not for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on with the construction.....you are beautiful!

Heth said...

You're killin' me here Mel. What is He up to? I don't know, but trust Him.

ShelliGib said...

Pete and Shorties? Seriously, that bad? haha! Have you read the shack? Your post reminds me of a portion of that book, where the holy spirit is tending to a messy garden that she then explains is the main characters soul. I liked it because she said it was a beautiful mess! And well, I'm sure that Pete and Shorties has some sort of beauty as well! ha! Miss ya!